You can set configuration properties to detect locks on source or target objects that prevent a job from running successfully. You can configure Data Mover to try to start a blocked job after the interval you specify.
- Run the list_configuration command to generate configuration.xml.
- Open the configuration.xml file.
- For the blocked.job.retry.enabled key, specify the one of the following options:
Option Description true Enables detection of locks on the source and target objects included in a job. false Default value. Data Mover does not check to see whether there are locks on source or target objects. If there are locks, the job stops.
- For the blocked.job.retry.interval key, specify the time interval for Data Mover to wait before rechecking whether objects are still locked:
Option Description value Enter the number of minutes or hours. unit Enter the time unit. Valid entries are: MINUTES, HOURS.
- For the blocked.job.retry.maxInterval key, specify the maximum amount of time to wait when checking object locks before exiting, indicating an error message and marking the job as failed.
Option Description value Enter the number of minutes or hours. unit Enter the time unit. Valid entries are: MINUTES, HOURS.Make sure the value is always larger than the value specified for the blocked.job.retry.interval key.
- For the blocked.job.maxAllowedLimit key, specify the maximum number of jobs that can be marked as blocked and retried.
- Save configuration.xml and run the save_configuration command to apply the blocked job configuration settings.