You can use the foreign tables option in the database to access native object stores. Data Mover can copy the definitions of a foreign table from one database to another using the same syntax as used when copying a normal table object. Foreign table definitions can be copied as a single table or be included in an entire database copy.
- Only foreign table definitions can be copied
- Foreign tables can be copied along with regular tables
- Foreign table definition copy occurs at the post data move step
- Data is not copied with the foreign tables option, therefore, there are no utility requirements
- Only a few table-level properties are supported when copying foreign tables:
Any properties not listed above are not supported when copying foreign tables, such as staging database, row count validation, and so forth.
<database selection="unselected"> <name>testDB</name> <table selection="included"> <name>foreignTableName</name> </table> </database>