Password information is scrambled before being sent over the network and stored in the Data Mover database. To provide a greater level of security, you can also use the encrypt_password command.
The encrypt_password command creates an encrypted password from a password entered as a parameter on the command line, interactively, or through an XML file with a specific format. The generated password can then be used as a value for -source_password_encrypted or -target_password_encrypted when using the create and move commands.
- Type datamove encrypt_password in the command line, and do one of the following:
Option Description Enter a password interactively
- Press Enter to be prompted to enter a password interactively.
- Type the password you want to encrypt. Your input is masked with a set of asterisks.
Enter the password directly
- Type -password followed by the password you want to encrypt.
Enter the password by passing in an XML file
- Type -f followed by the name of the XML that passes in parameters for this command.
- Press Enter to write the encrypted password to standard output, or type -dir directory path -filename XML file name where XML file name is a specified directory path and file name.