When you select an object in the object browser, you can use a dialog box associated with it to designate optional copy settings. The specific copy settings available depend on the type of object you select.
The settings you can designate include:
- An alternative location on the target to which you want to map the object. For example, you can copy a user or database from the source system to a different database in the target system.
- A staging database. For example, if the target database does not have enough space, specifying a staging database creates the tables in the staging database instead of in the target database.
- A separate staging database for temporary artifacts. For example, if you are copying a table, you might want to designate that any macros or work, log, or error tables be copied to a staging database other than that where the staging table is held.
- Whether data, statistics, or both should be copied.
- Key columns, and whether to validate row count for a table.
- Whether to compare the DDL of source and target table before copying.
- Staging to target mechanism.
- Spooling, if the Teradata PT API utility is used.
- Whether to override lock access if the Teradata PT API or JDBC utilities are used.
- Whether and when to activate a trigger.