When you use certain Data Mover commands, such as create, move, or start, you must log on to the source and target Teradata Databases defined for the job. To log on to a source or target Teradata Database system, provide at least one of the following to avoid errors during job creation:
- User name and password
- Logon mechanism and, if required, logon data
If both the user name, password, and the logon mechanism is valid, Data Mover connects to the source and target systems using the logon mechanism, username, and password. When only the logon mechanism is provided, Data Mover connects to the source and target systems using that logon mechanism.
- Use logon mechanisms only for Teradata PT API and Teradata JDBC jobs.
- Logon mechanisms are not supported for Teradata DSA jobs.
- When using the create or move command, if -source_logon_mechanism or -target_logon_mechanism is specified and -force_utility is not used, Teradata PT API is used by default.
- Specifying -source_logon_mechanism or -target_logon_mechanism with Teradata DSA specified for -force_utility results in an error.