Use the dmsync command in situations where the synchronization between the active and standby server needs to be deleted.
You have the option to either remove one standby service from the current sync service or remove the active server and all the standby servers from the configuration. The command can only be initiated from the active server.
- From the active server, go to cd /opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn.Where nn.nn in the path refers to the version numbers of Data Mover.
- Run ./dmsync dropconfig.
- Select one of the following options to delete either one standby server or the entire replication service:
- Select to delete either one standby server or the entire replication.
- Provide the standby server name.
- Provide the Postgres user credentials on the standby server.