You must add one or more daemons in the Data Mover Setup portlet before you can monitor their work in the Data Mover portlet. You can only perform this procedure on a daemon that is currently operating. A daemon that is not currently operating cannot be saved in the Data Mover Setup portlet.
You can only monitor the daemon on one Viewpoint server. Monitoring the same daemon on more than one Viewpoint server is not supported and could create authentication and job permission issues. This restriction applies regardless of whether security management is currently enabled on the daemon or not.
- Open the Data Mover Setup portlet.
- Click next to Daemons.
- Enter a Daemon Nickname.
- [Optional] Activate this daemon for monitoring by selecting Enable daemon.
- Enter the Daemon IP/DNS value.Teradata recommends using the DNS or alias rather than the IP address.
- Enter the REST Port value.
- [Optional] Select https enabled to enable or disable using https: for REST calls.
- Enter the Username and Password for the daemon.
- [Optional] Enable QueryGrid Manager REST API by entering the QueryGrid Username and Password.This step is required if you want to create and monitor jobs using QueryGrid 2.x.
- [Optional] Enable clustering when connecting to the daemon, by selecting Enabled in portlets and entering the IP/DNS:Port value as in the following example:DM2:1443The clustering field values must be set individually for each daemon.
- [Optional] Select a method for sending events from the Teradata Ecosystem Manager Logging list.
Option Description NONE Does not send events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager or to a Data Mover event table. ONLY_REAL_TMSM Sends events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager. ONLY_INTERNAL_TMSM Sends events to an internal event table that Data Mover manages. BOTH Sends events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager and to an internal event table that Data Mover manages.
- [Optional] Enable Teradata Ecosystem Manager logging by entering the Logging Frequency value and selecting the units.This is the rate at which Data Mover sends log events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager in units per second when copying a table.
- [Optional] Select the data dictionary view type from the Database Query Method list.
Option Description DBC Base Views Offers better performance but is less secure. DBC X/VX Views Offers better security, but has slower performance.
- [Optional] Select the Database to client encryption check box to encrypt data sent from the database.
- [Optional] Select from the Compare DDL list whether to compare the DDL of source tables and views with those of their existing target tables and views.Views are compared only if their copyData attributes have been specified as true. The option you choose from this list is reflected as the default for the Compare DDL list in Job Level Settings when creating a job.
Option Description Unspecified Default. True Compare the DDL of source tables and views to those of their corresponding target tables and views. False Do not compare the DDL of source tables and views to those of their corresponding target tables and views.
- [Optional] Select the Online archive check box to set the default value for online archiving to be used.
- [Optional] Select the Overwrite existing objects check box to set the default value to overwrite jobs.
- [Optional] Select the Disable fallback check box to disable fallback when copying objects.
- [Optional] Select the Skip Fast/Multi Loaded tables check box to skip objects that have been set to fast or multi load.
- Click Apply.