- On the standby server, edit the sync.properties file and set the sync.isMaster property to false.
- On the active server, configure the sync service:/opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn/dmsync configWhere nn.nn in the path refers to the version numbers of Data Mover.
- When prompted, select the following option:
Add additional standby repositories to the exisiting replication service
- Respond to the following prompts:
Prompt Description Enter remote standby host name Enter the standby server name. Enter the database super user postgres password on standby repository Enter the Postgres user password on the standby server. Replication service set up requires that the active and standby repositories are in sync before configuring. Do you need to back up the active repository to the standby repository? [y or n]
- Enter Y if standby repository has not yet been synchronized.
- Enter N if standby repository has already been synchronized.
Do you need to set up replication for another standby repository? [y or n]:
- Enter Y if more than one standby server needs to connect to this active server.
- Enter N if only one standby is needed.