Having more than one Data Mover multi-purpose server in the environment can improve performance when copying data from one Teradata Database system to another. Each Data Mover multi-purpose server can have one or more Data Mover components running on it.
If the Data Mover agent must be run on a system other than the Data Mover daemon, the host name for the server running the Data Mover daemon must be resolved to a publicly-accessible IP address in the /etc/hosts file.
If only agents are running on the additional Data Mover multi-purpose servers, they must be configured to work with the Data Mover multi-purpose server that has the Data Mover daemon running on it.
When using multiple Data Mover agents, each Data Mover agent must have a unique Agent ID.
- Provide the correct Teradata ActiveMQ broker url and port number values in one of the following ways:
- During installation of the Data Mover agent component on the Data Mover multi-purpose server
- After installation by modifying the broker.url and broker.port in the agent.properties file where ActiveMQ runs.
- Edit the Agent ID property in the agent.properties file.
- Restart the Data Mover agent service to implement the changes.