This example makes the following assumptions:
- The example is implemented first in a test environment. Because only one ruleset can be active in Workload Designer at a given time, the ruleset you create with this procedure replaces the currently active ruleset. Applying an untested ruleset to a production system can degrade performance.
- The example only generates alerts for queries that are classified under the WD-Default workload for the ALWAYS planned environment.
The following is an overview of the process:
- Configure the Teradata system for Teradata Viewpoint to monitor in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Configure data collectors to monitor the configured Teradata system in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Configure email delivery options in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Create an action set in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Create a ruleset in the Workload Designer portlet.
- Activate the ruleset in the Workload Designer portlet.
- Review alert messages that arrive in the email inbox.