Teradata Workload Management offers different strategies, depending on the platform and license you purchase:
- Teradata Active System Management (TASM) is included in the enterprise tier license to perform full workload management in Teradata Database.
- Teradata Integrated Workload Management (IWM) is a Teradata Database feature that performs basic workload management. Customers on base EDW platforms can optionally purchase TASM.
If you have any questions about your TASM license, contact your Teradata Account Manager.TASM offers a full workload management feature set. IWM workload management features are more limited and have different options in SLES 10 and SLES 11, depending on the system you select.
- The IWM system has no health conditions.
- Virtual Partitions
- The IWM system has no virtual partitions.
- Workload Management Methods
- The SLES 11 IWM system uses only the tactical and timeshare management methods. There is no Metrics-SLG Tier tab in Settings because the SLG Tiers management method is not available.
- The SLES 11 IWM system has only tactical workload exceptions.