You can create an alert to notify interested parties if a database space threshold is met.
- In the main view, click Edit Jobs.
- In the Alerts tab, click .
In the Add Space Alert dialog box, type a name for the alert.
Names must be unique, and the characters are case-sensitive.
- [Optional] Select the Enable alert check box to enable the alert.
- Select a severity for the alert from the list.
- Under Alert Rules, select a database from the list.
In the box to the right of the selected database, type a threshold percentage.
The number must be between 0 and 100. If the database exceeds this threshold, an alert is triggered.
Under Alert Action, select an alert action from the list.
Alert actions specify the action the system should take in the event of an alert, for example, send an email or run a program. Alert actions are created in the Alert Setup portlet.
[Optional] Type a limit for Do not run twice in a number of minutes.
The alert action does not run twice during the time frame that you enter. Only numbers between 0 and 1440 are allowed.
- [Optional] Under Message, type a message that appears when the alert action executes.
- Click Save.