An event combination is a mix of two or more different events, such as period, system, and user-defined events. Event combinations can be planned or unplanned. To create an event that only sends out a notification, create the event, but do not assign it to any planned environment or health condition. When the event occurs, the notification action you specified is triggered.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click States.
- Next to Unplanned Events (with TASM license only) or Planned Events, click .
- Next to Available Events, click .
- Select Event Combination.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- [Optional] If you are creating the combination event as a planned event, you can select Create New Corresponding Planned Environment to automatically create a planned environment that this event triggers.
Add available events and operators to build the formula representing the combination of events that must occur to trigger the event. For example, Node Down OR Batch Processing, or NOT PEI.
When creating event combinations, avoid placing two operators or two events next to each other. When an event combination is valid, the background of the Event Combination Formula box is white. If a combination is invalid, the background is orange.
[Optional] Under Configure Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click OK.
[Optional] Do one of the following:
Event Type Description Unplanned Drag the event to a health condition and click Close (with TASM license only). Planned Drag the event to a planned environment and click Close.
- Click Save.