A ruleset is a complete collection of related filters, throttles, events, states, and workload rules. You can create multiple rulesets, but only one ruleset is active on the Teradata server at a time. After creating a ruleset, you can use the toolbar buttons to specify settings, such as states, sessions, and workloads. New rulesets are automatically locked so only the owner can edit the ruleset.
- From the Workload Designer view, select a system from the list.
- Click .
- Enter a ruleset name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- Click Save.
- [Optional] Specify settings using the tabs in the General view, such as Intervals and Bypass.
- [Optional] Click States and create a state matrix.
[Optional] Click Sessions and create any of the following:
- Query Sessions
- Utility Limits
- Utility Sessions
- [Optional] Click Filters and create a filter.
- [Optional] Click Throttles and create a system throttle.
- [Optional] Click Workloads and create a workload.
- [Optional] Click Exceptions and create an exception.