Edit a shared page to add portlets or change portlets and portlet settings. You cannot edit the assigned role.
From the Shared Pages portlet, select the row of the page you want to edit.
The Shared page editor opens. The page name displays at the top with the role name for the shared page shown in parentheses.
[Optional] Edit the shared page by doing any of the following:
- Select Add Content to add portlets, then select Add.If a user with the role VP_User_Manager edits the page, Bar Operations portlet and shared bar portlets is not visible.
- Select Page Properties to modify the settings, then select Save.
- Rearrange the portlets on the page.
- Remove portlets.
- Select Add Content to add portlets, then select Add.
[Optional] Configure settings not accessible to users in the target role.
For example, if a role is not given access to change what columns are displayed, you can configure the settings for each portlet to display specific columns that you determine are needed by the role.
- Select .
- Configure the settings for each portlet, including, but not limited to, selecting systems.
- Select Edit and preview to see how the page will appear to users in the target role.
Changes are committed and the updated shared page appears in the summary view in the Shared Pages portlet.
Content, layout, and portlet setting changes are immediately available to users in the role. Read-only and mandatory pages automatically update the next time the user logs in or refreshes the page. Unrestricted pages must be added by the user from the add page list in order for the user to see the updated page.