The Roles Manager portlet allows the Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to assign permissions efficiently by creating classes of users called roles.
The Teradata Viewpoint Administrator can perform the following tasks:
- Add and configure new roles
- Edit the configuration and settings of existing and default roles
- Copy roles, saving time in creating new roles
- Enable or disable portlets for a role
- Delete roles that are no longer needed
- Configure Secure Zones for a database system
- Grant metric and portlet permissions for a role
- Configure default portlet settings
- Grant a role access to portlets, Viewpoint Dashboard, and Viewpoint Mobile
- Grant web services access
- If a user with role VP_User_Manager accesses the Roles Manager portlet, the user can only view or modify their role and roles created by them.
- If JWT integration with Vantage is enabled (versions 16.50.05.00 and later), the User Management web service is not listed.