This example explores how to add alert properties as arguments to the Run a Program action. You can define a threshold for a database metric when a specific event occurs. You can then specify that the event triggers an alert. The alert service has access to information on several properties of a monitored system, depending on the data collectors that you enable. If you configure the alert to run a program and the program accepts command-line parameters, you can add custom parameters that the program can access.
- Verify the Teradata Notification Service is running.
- Copy programs or batch files to the server that is running the Teradata Notification Service.
- Create an action set that adds alert properties as arguments under the Run a program action in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Configure the Teradata system for Teradata Viewpoint to monitor in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Configure data collectors to monitor the configured Teradata system in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Define alert rules in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Review alerts in the Alert Viewer portlet.