This example explores how to create an alert action that is based on an expired timeout period when connecting to a Teradata system.
The following is an overview of the process:
- Configure email delivery options in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Create an action set in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Configure the Teradata system for Teradata Viewpoint to monitor in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Define a canary query in the Monitored Systems portlet to run on the Teradata system.
- Define alert rules in the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Review alerts in the Alert Viewer portlet.
- Review alert messages that arrive in the email inbox.