You can set state-specific limits for Meters to override the default limit for a state. For example, to raise the limit of a Meter during a low-traffic state, lower the limit during a high-traffic state.
- Edit or Create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, select Meters.
- Select a Meter or create one.
- Click the State Specific Settings tab.
Under Default Settings, do one of the following:
Limit Description Unlimited Under Limit, select Unlimited. Limited Under Limited, enter the limit, select the time unit from the drop-down box and then select Delay or Reject.
[Optional] To overide the default settings for a state do the following:
- Next to a state name, click
- Select Create State Specific Settings
- If you do not want to limit the queries for this state, select Unlimited under Limit.
- To limit the queries for this state, enter a limit number in the box, select the time unit from the drop-down, and select either Delay or Reject.