Add an Advanced SQL Engine to the Monitored System portlet to begin collecting data. Your system may be set up for you. Follow these steps if your Advanced SQL Engine is not set up.
- Next to Systems, select , then select Add Teradata System.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 30 characters.
[Optional] Select the Enable system check box.
After it is enabled, the system starts collecting data.
- Enter the TDPID of the Advanced SQL Engine if not shown.
[Optional] Enter the site ID assigned by Teradata Customer Services.
After enabling a system, the Site ID becomes read-only if Viewpoint detects a value for the system.A site ID is required when using Elastic Performance on Demand.
Enter a login name and password.
Specify an account string and authentication, add more logons, test the logon settings, and grant access to an Advanced SQL Engine. Add any logins used for Viewpoint data collection to the system-level bypass. To define system-level bypass settings, use the Workload Designer portlet.
[Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct.
If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Under Authentication Options, specify which authentication mechanisms are available in the portlets.
[Optional] Under Character Set, select default character sets and enter a JDBC Flag value:
- Select a character set from the Session list.
- Select a character set from the Monitor list.
- Enter a JDBC Flag value.
- Under Time Zone, select the time zone the system uses to log DBQL and ResUsage data.
[Optional] Under Collectors, select Enable Data Collectors (Configure in Data Collectors) to begin collecting data.
The data collectors can be enabled and configured individually in Data Collectors.
Portlet Data Collectors Elastic Performance Elastic Limit and Elastic Usage TVS Monitor Virtual Storage Stats Manager Stats Manager Query Log Query Log data collectors for historical DBQL data
[Optional] Under Enhanced TASM Functions, select Enable this option if your Teradata has license entitlement to TASM.
The workload management features are available with your TASM license on SLES11 or higher.
If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.