Teradata Workload Management offers different strategies, depending on the platform and license you purchase:
- Teradata Active System Management (TASM) is included in the enterprise tier license to perform full workload management in Teradata Database.
- Teradata Integrated Workload Management (IWM) is a Teradata Database feature that performs basic workload management. Customers on base EDW platforms can optionally purchase TASM.
If you have any questions about your TASM license, contact your Teradata Account Manager.TASM offers a full workload management feature set. IWM workload management features are more limited and have different options in SLES 10 and SLES 11, depending on the system you select.
- In Teradata Database 15.00 and later, the IWM systems have options for planned environments, but not for unplanned events or health conditions. In Teradata Database 14.10 and earlier, the IWM systems have no options for custom states, health conditions, planned environments, or state-specific values for query sessions, filters, and throttles. The SLES 10 IWM system has no options for workloads.
- Virtual Partitions
- The IWM system has no options for virtual partitions.
- Workload Management Methods
The IWM system has no options for the SLG Tiers workload management method. The IWM system uses only the tactical and timeshare management methods.
- Neither SLES 10 nor SLES 11 IWM systems provide the ability to define exceptions at the ruleset level. SLES 11 IWM systems do provide the ability to define tactical exceptions for tactical workloads.