You can insert the qualified name of a database object into a query in the query box using the object browser. A qualified object name is a name composed of more than one identifier, joined with the dot character (.). The identifiers together specify a database object with more precision than a single name.
- Position the cursor in the query box where you want to insert the object.
Click the list next to the Load button and select Insert Object.
The Object Browser opens, displaying the name of the connected Teradata Database system.
- Click next to the Teradata Database system name to expand the directory tree.
- [Optional] Enter filter criteria in the box under the Teradata Database system to find databases or users containing the criteria.
- Click next to the database object type in the tree to expand that sub-branch.
- [Optional] Enter filter criteria in the box under the object type to find objects containing the criteria.
- Click to highlight the object name.
Click Insert Object to copy the qualified object name to the query box.
The object name is inserted in the query box after the cursor location.
- Click Close.