- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, select Meters
- Next to Arrival Rate Meter, click
- Enter a name
- [Optional] Enter a description
- [Optional] Select Warning only to have a warning message for the Meter logged by the database. The queries still run when a warning is logged.
Select a Rule Type option.
Option Description Disable Manual Release or Abort Select Disable Manual Release or Abort to prevent Teradata Database Administrators from aborting or releasing Metered queries in the queue.
- Select Save.
- Select the Classification criteria.
- Add and Save classification criteria.
- Select the State Specific Setttings tab.
Under the Default Settings, do one of the following
Limit Description Unlimited Under Limit, select Unlimited. Limited Under Limited, enter the limit, select the time unit from the drop-down box and then select Delay or Reject.
[Optional] To override the default settings for a state do the following:
- Next to a state name, click
- Select Create State Specific Settings
- If you do not want to limit the queries for this state, select Unlimited under Limit.
- To limit the queries for this state, enter a limit number in the box, select the time unit from the drop-down, and select either Delay or Reject.