Server Management Network for System with Maximum 162 Nodes, 2 InfiniBand Switch Cabinets
- This configuration is built on the cabinet and collective topology defined in Collective Terminology and Topology.
- The topology shown in the illustration above is based on an appliance system with 1-9 cabinets.
- Each cabinet shown above represents a collective. The collective may include Platform Framework Cabinets (not shown).
- This configuration has a pair of InfiniBand switch cabinets for redundancy (Network-0 Cabinet and Network-1 Cabinet). Each InfiniBand switch cabinet contains one primary server management Ethernet switch and one secondary server management Ethernet switch.
- Separate paths for the primary and
secondary server management networks
ensure network backup. The primary and secondary networks are configured as follows:
- The primary Ethernet switch in the Network-0 Cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the primary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- The secondary Ethernet switch in the Network-1 Cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the secondary switches in all the cabinets in the system.
- Each InfiniBand switch cabinet connects to the gathering switch in the other InfiniBand switch cabinet (Network-0 Cabinet primary to Network-1 Cabinet primary, Network-1 Cabinet secondary to Network-0 Cabinet secondary).
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.