The HTTP (enhanced) download option downloads selected files from outside of the Teradata network to any location on your network using a browser. This option, by default, installs and uses the Akamai NetSession Interface to make the process more efficient and reliable, especially for large files. If you choose not to install this download manager (for example, because your corporate network policies prevent the installation), you can still download your software by clicking an alternate link.
- In a web browser, go to http://esd.teradata.com and log in using the credentials provided by email.
- Indicate the files you want to download.
- Select HTTP (enhanced) as the Download Type.
- Select the desired Download Label Files option. The label files provide additional details about the software packages. Teradata recommends that you download these files along with the software packages.
The Akamai NetSession Interface window appears. If this window does not display, see the Note above.
Do the following, depending on whether or not you want to use Akamai NetSession:
Option Description Download using Akamai NetSession
- Click the download the installer link.
- Click Run when prompted.
- Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
- Click Close when the installation of the Akamai software is complete.
- In the Browse for Folder dialog box, select a location on your network for the download of your Teradata software and click OK.
Download without using Akamai NetSession
- Click the click here link.
- Click OK. A TSS download window displays the individual file links for your Teradata software.
- Click a file link.
- In the File Download dialog box, click Save.
- In the Save As dialog box, select a download location on your network, and then click Save.
- Repeat for each link in the TSS Download window.
- When you have finished downloading your Teradata software, move and archive the downloaded files.