The Teradata Public FTP option copies the selected files to a Teradata public server for your access. After you click Download, the files are transferred and a log then displays the FTP location and additional instructions for accessing the files.
Some pop-up blockers can interfere with viewing the FTP log window that contains important information about your downloads. Turn off any pop-up blockers or enable pop-ups for the ESD web site before proceeding. See the documentation for your browser or third-party pop-up blocker for instructions about how to do this.
- In a web browser, go to http://esd.teradata.com and log in using the credentials provided by email.
- Indicate the files you want to download.
- Select Teradata Public FTP as the Download Type.
Enter the following information for the Teradata Public FTP server:
- Directory: Enter a directory name for the download using the following format: /directory_name/. If the directory does not exist, it will be created.
- Select the desired Download Label Files option. The label files provide additional details about the software packages. Teradata recommends that you download these files along with the software packages.
- Click Download to download the selected file to the Teradata Public FTP server. An FTP log window appears with information about the download, including the URL of the downloaded file. The URL changes for each download.
- Follow the instructions in the FTP log window to download the files. To save a copy of the FTP information, click Save.
- When you have finished downloading your Teradata software, move and archive the downloaded files.