Use the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box to configure data sources for each database system to be accessed. One or more data sources must be configured.
ODBC Driver for Teradata has established specific application uses for available DSN settings.
For DSN settings and their specific application use, see ODBC Driver for Teradata Application Development.
To configure a data source:
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to .
- In the Administrative Tools window, double-click ODBC Data Sources to open the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog box.
- The User DSN and System DSN tabs list the names of existing data sources for the user and for all users of the system, respectively. To edit an existing data source, select it and click Configure. To create a new data source, select the Teradata Database ODBC Driver with the desired version, click Add.
- In the Data Source Name pane of the Create New Data Source dialog box, select Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.20. Click Finish and the Teradata Database ODBC Driver 17.20 DSN Setup dialog box appears.
- In the dialog box, fill in or modify the required information to identify the data source. The OK button for this dialog box does not become available unless the Name box in the Data Source group box and the Teradata Server Info Name(s) or IP address(es) group box are filled in.