In the following section, assume that the ANSI application is limited to SQL_C_CHAR data binding and a non-Unicode session character set is used. The following figure depicts the programming model for ODBC Driver for Teradata.
- SQL-Text and SQL_C_CHAR character data flows between the ODBC Application and the ODBC Driver Manager
- The ODBC Driver Manager:
- Converts the SQL-Text to Unicode and passes it to ODBC Driver for Teradata
- Does not convert the SQL_C_CHAR data and passes it as is to ODBC Driver for Teradata
- ODBC Driver for Teradata:
- Converts the SQL-Text from Unicode to Session Character Set
- Does not convert the SQL_C_CHAR data and passes it as is to the database