When you run a job for an app that runs once or on schedule, AppCenter prompts you to select the system to query, a Teradata Database, Teradata Vantage, Aster Database, Hive, or Presto system. The root user must first create a system that you specify when executing a job for this app type. For apps that run until stopped, AppCenter queries the system service API directly to get the system information for the query.
When required settings are completed, you can run the job for your app. You can run as many jobs as you want for apps that run once or on schedule. You can run only one job at a time for apps that run until stopped.
If an email account is configured, AppCenter sends you notification about job status.
For apps that run until stopped, you can open the app URL once the app is running.
- Select , then select the app.
Select Select START, then complete the settings with the following considerations::
Setting Considerations System For apps that run once or on schedule:
- If the administrator assigned a service account to this app, AppCenter automatically selects the Use service account with default system option and you do not need to enter credentials.
- If the administrator did not assign a service account to this app, enter the system credentials.
- If you did not add parameters when you created the app, skip this step.
- If you added required parameters when you created the app, select the associated settings.
- If you selected Upload as the parameter type when you created this app, click BROWSE.
- If you added optional parameters when you created this app, select the associated settings or clear the parameters.
- AppCenter supports multibyte characters in job parameter names and values.
Schedule (Optional) For apps that run once or on schedule:
- If you select a schedule option and run the job, you cannot change the schedule later.
- AppCenter shows selected schedule options in Execution History.
Title and description (Optional) For apps that run once or on schedule:
- Title and description are optional.
- You can include both a title and description, only a title, or only a description.
- [Optional] For job status, including any job parameters used, error messages, and links to results where applicable, select Execution History.