- User authentication and authorization
- Encryption of network traffic
- Enforcement of security policy
- Configurable authentication mechanisms
- The option to provision and manage users in an LDAPv3-compliant directory
- A set of tools for configuring and administering security functions
TDGSS and TeraGSS are extensions of the industry-standard GSS-API, as defined by Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) Request for Comments (RFC) 2743, “Generic Security Service Application Program Interface Version 2, Update 1.”
The old TeraGSS package was the counterpart of TDGSS in the client interfaces. Starting with TTU 16.10 there is no longer a separate TeraGSS package. Instead, the TeraGSS logic is embedded in all client drivers.
Although Teradata recommends not configuring TeraGSS in the client, if configuration is required for some reason, you must do so using the Teradata GSS Administrative Package. See the appendix regarding Teradata GSS Administrative Package in Teradata® Database Security Administration, B035-1100.
Product Version Number