BYNET V5 Network Topology for a Maximum 18-Teradata Database Node System
- Consists of one or more 6750 processing/storage cabinets, a VMS with SWS VM or a Service Workstation (SWS), plus additional (optional or required) Platform Framework Cabinets.
- Scalable from 1 to 18 total processing nodes (TPA nodes and hot standby nodes), channel servers, PE nodes, and TMSs in any combination.
- Two 36-port BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches provide redundant BYNET networks (Network-0 and Network-1). Both switches reside in the base cabinet or Platform Framework Cabinet (depending on the configuration).
- Each processing node, PE node, or channel server contains a dual port BYNET V5 InfiniBand adapter that connects to both BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches. A TMS may contain a dual port BYNET V5 InfiniBand adapter that connects to the switches.
- Individual optical InfiniBand cables are used to connect nodes and servers in expansion cabinets to the BYNET V5 InfiniBand switches in the base cabinet or Platform Framework Cabinet (depending on the configuration).
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.