6750H/HX Server Management Network for System with Maximum 108 Nodes, 2 BYNET Cabinets
- This configuration is built on the cabinet and collective topology defined in Collectives.
- The topology shown in the 6750H/HX/X illustration above is based on a 6750H/HX/X system with 36 cabinets in a 2+1 configuration with one clique per cabinet. The topology may differ depending on the number of cabinets in the system. The number of cabinets is determined by the clique configuration (1+1, 2+1, or 3+1) of the cabinets in the system.
- One or more of the processing/storage cabinets shown above may be in a single collective, depending on system configuration. The collective may include Platform Framework Cabinets (not shown).
- The BYNET V5
cabinet contains one primary server management Ethernet switch and one secondary server management Ethernet switch.Although a cabinet number is not shown for the BYNET V5 cabinet, the cabinet number must be unique in the system.
- Separate primary and secondary paths ensure network redundancy.
- The primary and secondary networks of a 6750H/HX/X system
are configured as follows:
- The primary Ethernet switch in the BYNET V5 cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the primary switches in cabinets 1-36.
- The secondary Ethernet switch in the BYNET V5 cabinet acts as the gathering switch for the secondary switches in cabinets 1-36.
- For port-to-port cabling, see the appropriate Hardware Installation Guide.