It might become necessary to recompile one or all of your UDTs. An example might be an upgrade or migration to a newer release.
Recompiling a UDT is a simple operation. All you must do is submit an ALTER TYPE request that does the following.
- Specifies the name of the UDT to be recompiled.
- Specifies the COMPILE option.
A successful ALTER TYPE … COMPILE request does the following things.
- Recompiles the code source for the specified type.
- Generates the new object code.
- Recreates the appropriate .so file.
- Distributes the recreated .so file to all nodes of the system.