The following rules apply to CREATE DATABASE:
- The maximum number of databases and users for any one system is 4.2 billion.
- When a database contains a default journal table, that journal table shares the PERMANENT storage capacity of the database with its data tables.
- If necessary, the defined PERM, SPOOL, or TEMPORARY space is changed to the highest multiple of the number of AMPs on the system less than or equal to the requested space.
- When a CREATE DATABASE statement is processed, the system places an EXCLUSIVE lock on the database being created.
- You can only specify options once.
For more information about space management, see Teradata Vantage™ - Database Administration, B035-1093.