- The method signature being defined is an instance method.
- This is the default.
- An optional keyword that indicates that method_name is being created in the SYSUDTLIB database.
- All methods must be created within the SYSUDTLIB database.
- Name for the method whose signature being added to the type definition for UDT_name.
- CAST FROM
- The result predefined data type returned by the external function that is to be converted to the type specified by the RETURNS clause.
...RETURNS DECIMAL(9,5) CAST FROM FLOAT...
- You cannot specify a character server data set of KANJI1. Otherwise, the system returns an error to the requestor.
- Whenever a LOB that requires data type conversion is passed to a method, the LOB must first be materialized for the conversion to occur.
- Specific name of the method whose signature is being added to the type definition for UDT_name. Optionally, you can specify containing database name, which is SYSUDTLIB.
- SELF AS RESULT
- Specifies that the method is type-preserving.
- If you specify SELF AS RESULT, then the data type specified in the RETURNS clause for the method must have the same name as UDT_name.