- GRANT OPTION FOR
- Specifies that only the GRANT authority is removed from the specified privileges for the specified grantees for the corresponding explicit privileges they have.
- ALL [PRIVILEGES]
- Specifies to revoke from the specified user all explicitly granted privileges that can be granted on the specified object, and that are held, either implicitly or explicitly, WITH GRANT OPTION by the user executing the REVOKE.
REVOKE ALL includes the NONTEMPORAL privilege if the InclNTforGrntOrRevokAll field of the DBS Control utility is set to TRUE. Otherwise, REVOKE ALL excludes the NONTEMPORAL privilege.
- ALL BUT
- Specifies to revoke all explicit database privileges from the specified user, except those listed, that can be granted on the specified object and that are held, either implicitly or explicitly, WITH GRANT OPTION by the user performing the REVOKE statement.
- Specifies that the user cannot use the NONTEMPORAL prefix to perform nontemporal operations on table_name or view_name or on any transaction-time tables, bitemporal tables, or updatable views contained in database_name or user_name.
For details on the NONTEMPORAL privilege, see Usage Notes.
- Specifies a privilege other than NONTEMPORAL.
For details, see the REVOKE statement in Teradata Vantage™ - SQL Data Control Language, B035-1149.
- ON database_name
- Specifies the name of a database that contains or may contain transaction-time tables, bitemporal tables, or both.
- ON user_name
- Specifies the name of a user that contains or may contain transaction-time tables, bitemporal tables, or both.
- ON table_name
- Specifies the name of a bitemporal or transaction-time table.
- ON view_name
- Specifies the name of an updatable view created on a bitemporal table or transaction-time table.
- TO [ALL] username
- FROM [ALL] username
- Specifies the name of an existing database or user that identifies the recipient.
If you specify ALL, then the object privileges are revoked from the named database or user and from every database or user owned by that database or user.