This procedure installs a package for the first time. If you are updating installed functions to a newer version, follow the instructions in Updating an Aster Analytics Function Package.
- Aster Database does not share functions (or any other database objects) across databases.
- When you expand a cluster by adding worker nodes, all installed Aster Analytics functions on your cluster are automatically added to the new nodes.
- Download an Aster Function package.
Get the install and uninstall scripts.
Each Aster Analytics function package has SQL scripts that install and uninstall the package, for the PUBLIC schema and a specified schema. Teradata recommends installing the Aster Analytics functions only in the PUBLIC schema, but you can install them on other schemas.Driver functions look for the functions that they call internally in the PUBLIC schema. Therefore, driver functions might work incorrectly if you install all the functions to a schema other than PUBLIC.
- Verify that you have the necessary access privileges for installing the Aster Analytics functions in the desired schema.
- Go to the directory where the functions from the package are. For example: cd /opt/teradata/AsterAnalytics_Foundation/AA_7.00
Run the SQL script that installs the package. For example:
- Check the version numbers of the newly installed functions, using the instructions in Finding Function Version Numbers.
- For each user of the installed or updated functions, verify that the schema in which the functions are installed (typically PUBLIC) is the default schema in the search path.
- Set permissions to allow users to run functions.
- Test the functions.