If you running a supported version of the TDSLES operating system and do not need to take advantage of the new features available in R 3.4.1, there are no changes to the procedure to upgrade to Aster Database version 6.20.06 on an Aster Appliance. Use the existing instructions in the Teradata Aster® Database Installation and Upgrade Guide.
If you want to take advantage of the new features available in R 3.4.1, you must upgrade to the Teradata SLES12 SP2 operating system and Aster Database version 6.20.06. Use this information to upgrade to AD 6.20.06 on an Aster Appliance from an earlier AD 6.20.0x release.
- Back up the existing data on the AD 6.20.0x installation, upgrade the installed version of the Aster Database and the Aster Backup Cluster to AD 6.20.6 while still running on the TDSLES11 SP1 operating system. Perform all tasks in the “Upgrade Aster Database on an Aster Appliance” section in the Teradata Aster® Database Installation and Upgrade Guide.
- Back up the data on the upgraded AD 6.20.06 installation while still running on the TDSLES11 SP1 operating system. Use the Aster Database Management Console (AMC) to create a physical backup. See “Starting a Physical Backup” in the Teradata Aster® Database User Guide for Aster Appliances.
- Install TDSLES12 SP2. Work with your Account Team to coordinate the installation of TDSLES12 SP2 on the Aster Appliance.
Install AD 6.20.06 on TDSLES12 SP2. Perform tasks in these sections of the Teradata Aster® Database Installation and Upgrade Guide:
- Preparing to Install Aster Database
- Installing Aster Database
- Performing Post-Installation Steps
- Installing Aster Backup
- Restore the data from the physical backup. Use the AMC to restore the data on the AD 6.20.06 installation running on the TDSLES12 SP2 operating system. See “Restoring from a Physical Backup” in the Teradata Aster® Database User Guide for Aster Appliances.
- Verify that the Aster Database is running with a replication factor of two (RF=2): #ncli sysman showrf If the Current RF is 2, the upgrade successfully completed. If the Current RF is not 2, contact your Customer Support Representative.