- There can be multiple DBCHQEP addresses.
- Each DBCHQEP address contains the address of a DBCHQEP
- Each such area queries environmental information, such as the installation id that is defined in the HSISPB.
- The area beyond the length in QEPRDLEN is neither accessed nor altered. When the query is successful (QEPRC contains zero), the area addressed by the QEPRAP field contains the requested information, and the QEPRDLEN field contains the number of bytes of the data returned. QEPRMLEN is set to zero, and any provided message area is filled with spaces in the specified, or default, character set.
- When the query is unsuccessful (QEPRC contains a CLIv2 return code), the area addressed by the QEPRAP field is unchanged, and the QEPRDLEN field contains zero. If a message area if provided, QEPRMLEN indicates the length in bytes of the message in the specified, or default, character set. The contents of the area are the Query Environment Results (QER) which is described as the DBCHQER area.
Upon completion, the return code will be the first or only DBCHQEP's QEPRC value.