DBCHINI initializes the value 'N'. When segmenting data is appropriate for the application, you should perform the following procedure before calling DBCHCL for the Initiate Request or Initiate With Protocol-function functions (although with the latter the Initiate Protocol-function must be 'N').
- Set Change-options to 'Y'.
- Change the value for Segment-data as follows:
If the desired segmenting is. . . Then change the value for Segment-data to... no segmenting N first segment F intermediate segment I last (or only) segment L cancel segmenting C
Use mnemonics for the codes. Mnemonics are provided in the language definition for the DBCAREA.
If Segment-data is other than 'N', then the following options must be used:
- Keep-response option must also be 'N'
- Request-mode option must be 'P'
- Request-processing-option must be 'E'
- Two-phase commit option must be 'N'
- Initiate Protocol-function option must be 'N' if the Initiate with Protocol-function function is used.
For details on SQL Stored Procedures, refer to Stored Procedures.