CLIv2 is a collection of callable service routines that provide the interface between applications and the Teradata Director Program (TDP) on an IBM mainframe client. TDP is the interface between CLIv2 and the database.
CLIv2 can operate with all versions of z/OS, VOS3, MSP, CICS, and IMS. CLIv2 sends requests to the database, and provides the application with responses returned from the database.
- Managing multiple serially-executed requests on a session
- Managing multiple simultaneous sessions to the same or different database systems
- Using cooperative processing so that the application can perform operations on the client and the database at the same time
- Communicating with two-phase commit coordinators for CICS and IMS transactions
- Generally insulating the application from details in communicating with the database