If an application must terminated a request prior to its completion, an asynchronous abort can be attempted. To abort a request, an application must perform the following steps:
- Modify the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to Abort.
- Set the Input CLIv2 Session Id used to initiate the request.
- Set the Input-CLIv2-request-number to the Output-CLIv2-request-number obtained when the request was initiated.
- Optionally set the following:
- Check the return code from DBCHCL.
Return Code Results 0 Call DBCHCL to perform a Fetch function (see Fetching the Response for a Request) to await the final status of the original request.
A failure indication should be returned with a code of “user abort” (3110) if the abort is successful.
anything else Process the return code and DBCAREA message.