When an ElicitData, ElicitDataByName, or ElicitFile response parcel is fetched, the database requires additional information to complete the request. To provide that information, an application must perform the following steps:
- Modify the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to 15 (ContinueRequest).
- Set the Input CLIv2 Session Id to the Output-CLIv2-request-number returned when the session was established.
- Set the Input-CLIv2-request-number to the Output-CLIv2-request-number returned when the request was initiated.
- Set the Request-pointer field.
- Set the Request-length field.
- Optionally set the following fields:
Fetch Buffer Length field
- Optionally set the Change-options option to 'Y', and set the following:
- Call DBCHCL to perform the ContinueRequest function.
- Check the return code from DBCHCL:
Return Code Result 0 Call DBCHCL to perform a Fetch function to get the final status of the rewind and the first part of the response. For more information, see Fetching the Response for a Request. anything else Process the return code and DBCAREA message.
- Call DBCHCL to perform the End Request function. For more information, see Ending a Request.