The final status and any response information for a request are obtained by the Fetch function. To fetch the final status and any response after the session is established, an application must perform the following steps:
- Modify the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to Fetch.
- Set the Input CLIv2 Session Id used to initiate the request.
- Set the Input-CLIv2-request-number to the Output-CLIv2-request-number obtained when the request was initiated.
- Optionally set the following:
- Call DBCHCL to perform the Fetch function.
- Check the return code from DBCHCL.
Return Code Results 0
Process the parcels.
This step depends on the setting of the options when the request was initiated and any changes from an Initiate Request, Initiate With Protocol-function, or RunStartUp function.
The first fetch returns the outcome of the request (ok, success, failure, or error).
anything else Process the return code and DBCAREA message.
- If any statement in the request causes an implicit rollback to occur, a failure parcel for the entire request is returned.
- If no implicit rollback happened, the ok, success, or error parcel information returned pertains to the first (or only) statement of the submitted request.