The response for a request may be reprocessed from the beginning if an application requires. The ability to rewind to the start of the response sequence is dependent on the setting of the Keep-response option when the request is initiated.
|N||The response is discarded as it is processed and rewind is unavailable.|
|Y||The application has the option of rewinding to the beginning of the response and reprocessing.|
To rewind to the start of the response after the session has been established, an application must performs the following steps:
- Modify the DBCAREA.
- Set the Function to Rewind.
- Set the Input CLIv2 Session Id used to initiate the request.
- Set the Input-CLIv2-request-number to the Output-CLIv2-request-number obtained when the request was initiated.
- Optionally set the following:
- Call DBCHCL to perform the Rewind function.
- Check the return code from DBCHCL:
Return Code Results 0 Call DBCHCL to perform a Fetch function (see Fetching the Response for a Request) to get the final status of the rewind and the first part of the response. anything else Process the return code and DBCAREA message.