- Tell About Crash (or Tell About Delay) to Y
- Wait Across Crash (or Wait Across Delay) to N
- The application program calls DBCHCL for some function.
- The Database crashes or an AP resets before or after receiving information from DBCHCL.
- CLI returns control to the application program, with return code of EM_DBC_CRASH_B or EM_DBC_CRASH_A.
- The application program takes action appropriate to the application.
Before submitting a request, save a copy of the request in case it must be re-submitted. If a transaction spans several requests, save a copy of each request in the transaction in case the transaction must be re-submitted.
Tell and wait may be useful to terminal-oriented applications to distinguish excessive response time from the unlikely, but possible, database crash, or AP reset.