DBCHINI initializes the value 'N'.
When segmenting data is appropriate for the application, you should perform the following procedure before calling DBCHCL for the Initiate Request or Initiate With Protocol Function functions (although with the latter the Initiate Protocol-function must be 'N'):
- Set Change Options to 'Y'.
- Change the value for Segment Data as follows:
If desired segment action is to be... Then change Segment Data to... no segmenting N first segment F intermediate segment I last (or only) segment L cancel segmenting C
If Segment Data is other than 'N', then the following options must be used:
- Keep Response option must also be 'N'
- Request Mode option must be 'P'
- Request Processing option must be 'E'
- Initiate Protocol-function option must be 'N' (if the Initiate with Protocol Function function is used).