To retrieve one or more rows containing LOB data using the inline method, a typical parcel mode CLI application should perform the following tasks:
- Set the response mode (resp_mode) to 'M' to indicate Multipart Indicator response mode. Any other setting will result in an error condition being returned.
- Set return_object to 'D' to indicate that data - rather than locators - should be returned.
- Issue the SQL request (including one or more SELECTs) using DBCHCL (DBFIRQ) as before.
- After the request completes, retrieve the requisite parcel sequence along with the answer set using DBCHCL (DBFFET).
- Issue DBCHCL (DBFERQ) to close the request.