PrerequisiteDSC, DSAPostAMQ, ClientHandler, BARCmdline, and BARPortlets must be on the same version.
The DSC, ClientHandler, and any required Access Modules must already be installed.
Teradata JDK must be installed on the command line server.
Install the BARCmdline package (DSA command line interface) onto any server where you want to enter dsc commands.
You can specify the base directory (base_dir) for the BAR command line installation. It is installed here:
Do not use / or /usr as the installation directory. The permissions for the specified directory are modified so that the service user can access the directory.
- Check if Teradata JDK 8 is installed:rpm -q teradata-jdk8
- If necessary, install Teradata JDK 8.
- Extract the script:tar -zxvf teradata-jdk8__slesxx_arch.xx.xx.xx.xx-######.tar.gz
- Run the script:rpm -ivh teradata-jdk8__xx.xx.xx.xx-######-arch.rpm
- Extract the script:
- On the DSC server, extract the script rpm file:tar zxvf BARCmdline_slesxx_arch.xx.xx.xx.xx-######.tar.gz
where slesxx is the OS, arch is the architecture, xx.xx.xx.xx is the version number, and ###### is a unique numberA directory with the format BARCmdline.xx.xx.xx.xx is extracted in the current working directory.
- Run the installation script from the extracted directory../barcmdline_install.sh -r BARCmdline-xx.xx.xx.xx-######.arch.rpm
- Enter values for the BAR command-line interface. If you are upgrading, the previous settings are displayed and can be changed.
BAR Command-Line Prompts Description and Default Values Enter the base directory base_dir/teradata/client/version/dsa ActiveMQ Broker URL Hostname or IP address of the machine running the ActiveMQ broker (where tdactivemq is installed), usually the DSC server. ActiveMQ Broker Port Port number on the server where the ActiveMQ broker is listening (61616 for tcp, 61617 for ssl). Default: 61616 ActiveMQ Connection Type of ActiveMQ connection (tcp or ssl). If tcp is chosen, the ActiveMQ connection is validated during install. If ssl is chosen, the ActiveMQ (jms ssl) password should match the DSA REST API https password. Default: tcp Java path If this is a generic SLES installation, enter the path to Java. Default: none DSC Name The DSC name that the BAR command-line interface connects to.
- Log off and log back in to the DSC to set the Linux environment variables.
- If you have problems, run the configure script:commandlineConfigure.sh
PostrequisiteGo to Installing the BARPortlets Package.