- Using its public IP, ssh to the cloud VMs having DSC 17.xx. For example:
ssh -i acess_key.pem firstname.lastname@example.org
- Change to super user using command sudo su -.
- Go to /var/opt/teradata/dsu-migration/DSAMetaDataMigrator.17.xx.xx.xx/pkgs/
- Generate a property file using this command:
This generates a properties.xml file prepopulated with values available from the DSC installation. This step assumes it's being created on the source system so it can update the DSC server detail. This generated file can be used as input for rest of the other options.
- Edit properties.xml to update it with credentials of DSC.
More information about properties.xml
(and a commented sample) can be found in Properties.xml File
- Export the metadata:
The metadata from from the Teradata repository is exported to a flat file in .csv format in a folder called pgdata.
- Verify DSC with REST API is running.
- Import the metadata from the flat files to the new repository.
This imports the exported data from flat file to Postgres database. If not in silent mode, and any user data is present in the Postgres repo, user is asked if clean up can proceed.
- Validate the import process.
This validates the export and import process by comparing the number of rows for each table in the Teradata repo and Postgres.
- Reconfigure the new DSC.
- Generate another property file using this command:
This generates a property file containing details for media servers and systems.
- Edit properties.xml with credentials of media servers and systems.
- Run the reconfiguration: